Thursday, February 07, 2008

Dad, the dogs just hoarked down my plate!

Tonight I heard my daughter, Gabi, exclaim from the kitchen: Dad, the dogs just hoarked down my plate! Interestingly, I had no idea what the word meant, but I seemed to understand what she meant (my Greek professor used to say, "Context is the meaning!"). I think that Gabi created an onomatopoeia to describe what she was witnessing...I love the English language! Interestingly, look what I discovered when I looked up her word on Urban Dictionary:

1. hoark
An underdressed, slutty blond young adult.

Being the hoark she was, Stefanie attempted to entice the men as with her blond hair and minimal clothing.

2. hoark
To barf, vomit, regurgitate. 2- To steal.

That was a nasty lugie he hoarked. I'm sorry, I had to hoark your phone.

3. hoark
Slightly more polite synonym for military terms like FUBB or FUBAR; totally screwed or technically disabled. Usually used in reference to a malfunctioning computer app or program. Generally personalized—"I'm hosed" rather than "This is hosed."

That program hoarked my system.

4. hoark
Eating only the topping of the pizza, leaving the crust

I'm on a low carb diet, so I hoarked the pizza slice.


5. Hoark
To barf, vomit, regurgitate, especially in a particularly loud manner as if yelling, but hoarking may be done quietly as well.

F**k man, pull over. I think Im gonna HOARK!

6. hoark
To vomit, barf, heave, technicolor yawn, leave offering at the porcelain altar.

I got drunk and hoarked in the back seat.

7. hoark
To pass through one's nose, typically by laughter. (Regional, used chiefly in the western United States.)

The joke was so funny that Zz hoarked his Mountain Dew.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: