Saturday, September 29, 2007

Kid Sayings from 2003

Evan 1/03
Evan sees provocative Victoria Secrets poster in the mall and says, "Mommy, you want to do that to daddy!"

Evan 2/03
I was kissing Evan on his forehead when he looks at me and says, "Mommy, I'm not going to fall in love with you yet . . . not until I get older."

2/03
Michelle at the MC Lab School told me that during lunch time the other day Annelise (Gabi's best friend) asked everyone at their table what they wanted to be when they grow up. Gabi immediately responded by saying, "My mommy. I want to be just like my mommy because she is so strong, so smart, so pretty, etc."

2/03
This morning Evan came running into our bedroom after Trey left. He said, "Mommy, do I need to go to the bathroom?" I said, "I don't know Evan, only you know if you need to go to the bathroom." He said, "Well can't you just peek in there and see if I need to go?" (No, I did not!)

3/1 Gabi
Praying to God - Dear God, you are soooo nice. Tomorrow I'm gonna find you, and hug you, and bring cupcakes to your birthday party. Amen

3/10 Gabi
Praying to God - Dear God, thank you for everything. I'm going to ask you to come live in my heart. And I am going to have a birthday party and bake you some cupcakes. Amen

5/16 Gabi
Evan and Gabi wrestling; Evan hits Gabi in crotch and Gabi says you hurt my iris. Gabi calls wet wipes vulva wipes.

7/12
Evan on trip to New Orleans has disposable camera and tells Nana that he is going to save his last picture to 'waste' on her.

7/12
Gabi shows me her middle finger and says 'look what I can do; I can do like you, mommy, when you show your tall finger to daddy.'

7/12
Gabi - Papa tells Gabi that she has a hole in her shorts and she says its because I am too big for my pants.

7/12
Papa tells Gabi that she can have a prune-filled dounut and she says, "No, that is poisionous."

7/20
Gabi wants to have 100 babies so that everyone in the family will have a baby and she wants to sell the rest.

7/30
Having supper with Martha Grace and Adam Rich, we sit down to eat and Gabi says, "I say great blessings."

8/15
Gabi at Mikel Gulledge's wedding whispers to me that Cameron is soooo handsome. I ask would you like to marry Cameron one day? Gabi says "No, he's not long enough" (meaning he's not tall enough).

8/20
I ask Evan if he's made any new friends at kindergarten and he says that there's "the sweetest girl" named Olivia in his class that's his friend and he says, "You know what mommy, she doesn't even tell the teacher when I kick her during circle time" (apparently he bumps her with his feet because he can't manage to sit still).

8/25
Evan to Nana after Rocky (pet cat) died, "Nana, if you miss petting Rocky, you can pet me."

8/25
Gabi to Nana after Rocky died, "Nana, if you push this button on my elbow, I'll turn into a cat." So Nana pushes her elbow and Gabi crawls around like a cat and lays in Nana's lap.

8/26
Evan to Miss Bivins at Kindergarten after she asked him why he was so quiet today, "My brain is just working up there or something today."

10/4
I came back from my trip to Fort Worth and Evan began to give me a back rub and said, "Mommy, women really like this!"

10/10
Evan scored his first goal at soccer game and told Uncle/Coach Mark, "You can call me Mister Hustle!"

10/22
Evan tries to explain to Gabi what a panty shield is, "It's something you put in your underwear in case you leak pee pee."

10/26
I was getting ready to go help with a wedding shower for my friend Suzanne; Evan wanted to know where at the church we were going to hook up the water hose to "shower" her.

11/15
We went to see the Brother Bear movie and I asked Gabi what her favorite part was. She said she the like the part best "where that guy was naked." (The main character is naked when he is finally turned back into a man after having been transformed into a bear to teach him a lesson.)

12/03
Evan keeps wanting to know what those two "moles" are under my shirt?!

No comments: