Thursday, October 11, 2007

A question to myself...Why did you choose your career path?

I was raised in a family dedicated to service and ministry: My mother is a nurse and my father is a minister and ethicist. As a teenager I was called into ministry by my church and licensed to preach soon after. I entered college and seminary seeking clarification in my calling; but, the only clear calling I have ever received in my life was to get equipped for service and follow the teachings of Jesus as I serve. I am not sure if I ever chose my career path; but, I continue to grow into an understanding of service as a career. I am starting to think that service is a calling into limitless careers. Paralegal, accountant, nurse, teacher, salesman, politician, administrator, programmer, receptionist, et cetera can all be careers of service and ministry if understood correctly.

No comments: